It seems we’ve had some email issues on our side and some emails sent out between the 22nd and 27th of January may not have reached their recipient. If you’ve opened a ticket in over that period, best to check for replies by logging in at our portal.
Release over the period 9th of September till 30 the of September include:
- WHMCS Bridge Pro plugin for WordPress: 3.1.2 (including a new version of the Bridge Helper addon)
- Bookings plugin for WordPress: 3.4.0 (a nifty new Booking Cart being the main feature here)
- NIC.IT addon for WHMCS: 2.2.0
- BlogToPdf plugin for WordPress: 1.0.2
We’re often asked what plugins we are using. Well here is list of the ones we are using most often.
- akismet: keep those spammers at bay
- broken link checker: handy to keep your site healthy
- contact form 7: essential for your customers to get in touch with you, of course our own Form Builder goes way beyond this but for simple contact form applications this is just fine
- flexi pages widget: handy to create sidebar menus
- google XML sitemaps: needed to boost your rankings
- qTranslate: for multi-lingual sites, WPML is a nice alternative
- TinyMCE advanced: provides additional features to the WP editor
- W3 Total Cache: enhances performance of your site, really need this one if you’re attracting loads of visitors
All-in-all if you have 20 plugins on your site that should be fine.
With every additional plugin added you will get a little less performance, a little more risk during upgrades, so keep that plugin count low for a healthy site!
We’re happy to announce the release of Bookings version 3.4.0.
This new version has one nice new feature that consists of a shopping cart. You can now let your customers book multiple products and services in one go.
This feature is released on an experimental basis and doesn’t support all template combinations yet but do try it out and send us your feedback!
Here’s a recap of our releases for the period to Monday 26th of August to Friday 6th of September:
- Bookings: 3.3.1
- NIC.IT registrar addon for WHMCS: 2.1.1
Releases this week:
- WHMCS Bridge Pro for WordPress 3.1.0
- Remote Provisioning for WordPress 1.4.1
- Form Builder for WordPress 2.2.2
- Bookings for Joomla 3.3.0
- Bookings for WordPress 3.3.0
- Product Images for WHMCS 1.1.3
More information can be found in the release notes of the respective software.
We get our share of bashing on a weekly basis, sometimes deservedly, sometimes not. I guess it’s human nature to voice when one is annoyed more so then one is happy. So it’s nice to see people go out of their way to say something nice.
We’ve just released Bookings version 3.3.0, now fully compatible with Joomla 3. So if you’re running Joomla 3 or are planning to upgrade soon, it’s time to download version 3.3.0. This version is still fully compatible with Joomla 2.5.
There’s been quite a few changes since the latest version of Bookings (3.1.8), here is an overview:
- Fixed issue with move one day forward/back links not working on calendar
- Added Norwegian to language drop down in templates
- Fixed issue with last date of month availability not displaying when using predefined dates and times
- Fixed issue with availability display if using future dates in predefined dates and times setup
- Added freeDayBoxStyle class to identify calendar days with availability
- Added new ‘event1′ calendar template to display list of upcoming dates and times
- Added Norwegian translation
- Fixed issue with resource min_notice_time field not being created for new installations
- Added possibility to create products with predefined dates and times
- Implemented page compression to improve response items
We’re happy to announce the release of our Norwegian language version of Bookings. So if you’re located in Oslo or another Norwegian city, you can now start using Bookings to take reservations in your country. Credit goes to Egil Arntzen from Gabba Gabba for his help with the translation. This adds one more language to our already extensive list of 27 languages:
- Arabic (العربية)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (正體中文)
- Czech (Česky)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- English US
- English GB
- Korean (한국어)
- Português Brasileiro
- Russian (Русский)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
Norwegian is available as of version 3.2.3.