We’re happy to announce the release of version 1.2.0 of the Bookings plugin. There are two new key features in this release.
The first one is an improved access control mechanism. Back-end roles are now split in administrator and user roles. You can choose the WordPress capability required for each of these roles. This provides better access control management to your back-end administration panel.
The second key feature is the possibility to export reservations in ics (or vcs) format. iCalendar is a computer file format which allows Internet users to send meeting requests and tasks to other Internet users, via email, or sharing files with an extension of .ics. iCalendar is used and supported by a large number of products, including Google Calendar, Apple iCal, GoDaddy Online Group Calendar, IBM Lotus Notes, Yahoo! Calendar, Evolution (software) , KeepandShare, Lightning extension for Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey, and partially by Microsoft Outlook. In other words, this allows you to open a reservation, click ‘export’ and have the reservation in your mobile or desktop calendar. This works for back-end users by selecting any reservation as well as for your customers, who will see an ‘Add to calendar’ link that will do the same. The export feature is only available to Pro users.
A number of usability improvements have been added as well:
- Own reservations are now highlighted in a different color in front end
- Translated booking registration page
- Replaced […] by ‘Available’ for English GB and US languages
- Added 45 minutes schedule time span
- Changed header date format for English GB so that day appears before month
And of course we fixed a number of issues:
- Fixed issue with disappearing user name in front end calendar
- Allow navigation on days before today in back-end calendar
- Fixed Brazilian Portuguese language encoding